Associate Professor of Economics
Department of Economics
439 Fronczak Hall
State University of New York at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
- Econometrics, Applied Econometrics, Labor Economics, Economics of Education
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of California-Irvine, 2003.
- B.A. in Economics, Fudan University, P. R. China, 1997.
- Is There ``White Flight'' into Private Schools? New Evidence from High School and Beyond. Economics of Education Review, 28(3), 382-392.
- Bayesian Analysis of Treatment Effects in an Ordered Potential Outcomes Model (with J. L. Tobias). Advances in Econometrics, Volume 21: Modelling and Evaluating Treatment Effects in Econometrics (D. L. Millimet, J. A. Smith and E. Vytlacil, eds.), 57-91, 2008. [PDF]
- Bayesian Proportional Hazard Analysis of the Timing of High School Dropout Decisions. Econometric Reviews, 26(5), 529-556, 2007. [PDF]
- High School Completion and Future Youth Unemployment: New Evidence from High School and Beyond. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 21(1), 23-53, 2006. [PDF]
- Bayesian Analysis of Structural Effects in an Ordered Equation System (with J. L. Tobias). Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, 10(4), 2006. [PDF]
- Calculus Attainment and Grades Received in Intermediate Economic Theory (with J. L. Tobias). Journal of Applied Econometrics, 21(6), 2006.
- Bayesian Modeling of School Effects Using Hierarchical Models with Smoothing Priors (with J. L. Tobias). Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, 9(3), 2005. [PDF]
- Do Dropouts Suffer from Dropping Out? Estimation and Prediction of Outcome Gains in Generalized Selection Models (with D. J. Poirier and J. L. Tobias). Journal of Applied Econometrics, 19(2), 203-225, 2004. [PDF]
- Returns to Schooling and Bayesian Model Averaging: A Union of Two Literatures (with J. L. Tobias). Journal of Economic Surveys, 18(2), 153-180, 2004. [PDF]
- A Finite-Sample Hierarchical Analysis of Wage Variation Across Public High Schools: Evidence from the NLSY and High School and Beyond (with J. L. Tobias). Journal of Applied Econometrics, 18(3), 315-336, 2003. [PDF]
- A Semiparametric Investigation of the School Quality-Earnings Relationship (with J. L. Tobias). Applied Economics Letters, 10(1), 43-45, 2003.
- A Model-Combined Estimator of Elasticity of Scale. Applied Economics Letters, 10(2), 119-122, 2003.
- Hispanic Flight from Black Schoolchildren into Private Schools.
- Bayesian Inference in a Correlated Random Coefficients Model: Modeling Treatment Effect Heterogeneity and Heterogeneous Returns to Schooling (with J. L. Tobias).
- Bayesian Microeconometrics (with J. L. Tobias).