|The following special coverage pages include, among other resources:
links to news, images, maps, up-to-date info on relief and rescue
efforts, science and social aspects, etc. Many of these are award-winning and major pages on their topics.
- Buffalo Neighborhoods Map. Buffalo New York is the Queen City of the Great Lakes. Its neighborhoods are highlighted with images and links for each.
Stuff @ Buffalo, New York. Find things to do,
places to go, sports, entertainment, and more in Western New York State.
- Gift Ideas for Academics, Scholars, Graduates, and People with unusual taste. Graduation gifts, or just gifts for the academic in your life! Gifts for scholars any time of the year. Learn where to find gifts with an academic interest for students, graduates, professors and teachers, or for your favorite scholar. Worldwide highly recognized page
- Energy Resources: Guide to library resources and websites on alternative, or "green" energy generation.
Katrina (August/September 2005). The worst natural disaster in the United States is documented here, including: coverage of the disaster, relief, science and economic studies, and continuing efforts to renew the Gulf Coast region as well as plans to mitigate future disasters. Highly recognized page
Ocean Tsunami Disaster
(December 26, 2004). One of the largest disasters in modern times. This award-winning page covers everything from the earthquake to current activities to support the regional rennovation, economies, and ongoing efforts, as well as to provide the latest science-related data. Highly recognized & honored page
and the Year of Physics, 2005. Celebration
of the 100th anniversary of Einstein's publications on Relativity. Highly recognized & honored page
St. Helens 20th Anniversary page. Mainly on the 1980 eruption and
the continuing story, along with scientific data and other features. Exhibit page is now a resource guide and lacks the graphics and color of the original, but the data and links are great.
in History. From the Library of Congress, American Memory
Foliage. Where to go to see Autumn's splendor, and the science behind
the change of seasons and change of foliage. Highly recognized page
- Maple Sugaring. Science and fun on the spring tradition of maple sugar production. Highly recognized page
I tried to list a selection of major news services, objective news, and/or source news reporting. Since other websites provide a multitude of links, this list is kept very slim.
- Associated Press
- Headline News from
CNNTM. Sections include: QuickNews (fast
headlines), Science & Technology, Weather, World, Health,
and many others. Also available in other languages, including en
- Asia Now.
- BBC News.
- Al Jazeera English. Reporting from the Middle East, but also World coverage.
- Indo-Asian News Service (IANS)
- IWPR Online The
Institute for War and Peace Reporting; human rights, conflicts, other
- United States Information
Agency. Foreign relations, news and current events, educational
exchange programs, and other materials; from official government
News by Topic
Best source for current news on Nature, Biology, and related sciences.
- Sciences page. Key features: General, Astronomy, Earthquakes and Volcanoes.
National / International Weather
America Weather Satellite Maps.
/ Storm Watch. SpatialNews site with current data, maps,
and links for all sorts of weather, climate, and other activities
- STORMFAX® Weather
Services. Links and references to weather and climatology services,
historical, and other data. Current information on hurricanes, tropical
storms, and other weather activities, as well as information/links
on such topics as: Ocean temperatures and conditions, tides, sunrise/moonrise,
pollen, pollution, and UV conditions, weatherlore and history, and
- World Climate.
WorldClimate.com provides instant weather reports and climate data
for any location.
Climate & Weather Data Resources
- Climate and Weather page. Comprehensive weather and climate resources, with links to major data sources worldwide
|David J. Bertuca -- Created: 21 December 2000
Last modified: 25 April 2013
Return to David