Postdoctoral Associate Positions
The Bioinformatics Laboratory at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral associate in the areas of machine learning, bioinformatics, and computational biology. The major research focus is on developing machine learning and mathematics methodologies to address the computational challenges of analyzing massive, high-dimensional data for various biomedical applications.
• Ph. D. degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, statistics, or a related field;
• Strong background in machine learning, statistics, and mathematics;
• Proficiency in Matlab, R, or Python;
• Experience with managing large-scale datasets;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to effectively work individually and as part of a team;
• Understanding biology is a plus but not required.
Applicants should submit a CV, two representative publications, and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of two references to: Dr. Yijun Sun: yijunsun[AT]buffalo[DOT]edu.
Graduate Research Assistant Positions
We also have several graduate research assistant position openings in the areas of machine learning and bioinformatics.