General Lab Information
The facilities of Petrou lab are primarily located on the third floor of Fronczak Hall at North Campus of the State University of New York, University at Buffalo in Amherst, NY.
239 Fronczak Hall, Amherst, NY 14260
Tenzin Norden (PhD)
Peiyao Zhang (PhD)
Arman Najafi (PhD)
Arinjoy Bhattacharya (PhD)
Wei Zou (Visiting Graduate Student from Nanjing Tech University)
Nicholas Jerla (Undergraduate Student)
Former Postdoctoral Associates
Mesut Yasar, 2007 - 2008
Manuel Diaz-Avila, 2006 - 2007
Former PhD Students
Thomas Scrace - 2016
- "Magnetospectroscopy on WS2 Single Layer Crystals."
Yu Tsung Tsai - 2015
- "Study of GaInNAs Epilayers Using Optical Methods."
Biplob Barman - 2015
- "Magnetic Polarons in (Zn,Mn)Se/ZnTe and ZnSe/(Zn,Mn)Te quantum dots."
Lars Schweidenback - 2013
- "Efficient injection of spin-polarized electrons from MnAs contacts into AlGaAs/GaAs spin LEDs."
Andreas Russ - 2012
- "Magneto-optical studies of quantum dots."
Tariq Ali - 2011
- "Magneto-Optical Studies of InGaAs Quantum Wells and Devices used for Spintronics Applications."
Imran Khan - 2009
- "Magneto-optical studies of III-V and II-VI nanostructures."
Mesut Yasar - 2006
- "Spin injection studies from ferromagnetic contacts into indium arsenide quantum dots."
Robert Mallory - 2006
- "Injection of Spin Polarized Electrons from Fe and CdCr2Se4 Ferromagnetic Contacts into GaAs Quantum Well Heterostructures ."
Grigorios Itskos - 2003
- "Studies of spin-polarized electrons in GaAs-based quantum well LEDs."
Hai-Du Cheong - 2000
- "Magneto-Optical Studies of GaAs-Based Quantum Well Structures."
George Kioseoglou - 1999
- "Spectroscopic studies of electronic states in semiconductor heterostructures."
Jens Haetty - 1998
- "Magneto-optical studies of GaAs/AlAs and AlxGa(1-x)As/AlAs heterostructures."
Steven Stoltz - 1998
- "Optical Investigations of ZnTe/CdSe Quantum Wells."
Michael Salib - 1998
- "Two-dimensional electrons confined in magnetic quantum wells."
Wen-Yuh Yu - 1996
- "Magneto-optical studies of ZnSe-based magnetic heterostructures."
Shyh-Tzong Lee - 1996
- "Optical studies of (Al,Ga)As/AlAs quantum wells and related structures."
Luk Pui Fu - 1993
- "Optical studies of confinement effects in semiconductor nanostructures."
Thomas Schmiedel - 1993
- "Optical studies of GaAs-based quantum well structures."
Wu-Ching Chou - 1992
- "Magneto-optical spectroscopy in diluted magnetic semiconductor-based quantum well structures."
Xichun Liu - 1991
- "Optical studies of strained-layer-superlattices and diluted magnetic semiconductors."
Former MS Students
Former Undergraduate Students
Matthew Gorfein, Physics BS 2013, currently at Florida State University.
Dave Elsaesser, Physics BS 2011, currently at RPI.
Nathanial Feldberg, Physics BS 2009, currently at Institut Jean Lamour.