- April 2013: Congratulations to Jiechen Chen for being awarded the Gehmen Scholarship. This award highlights her superior ability in mathematics and interest in mathematics education!
- March 2013: Congratulations to James Hooper for being awarded a HOMING PLUS fellowship from the Foundation for Polish Science!
- March 2013: Congratulations to Scott Simpson for winning UB's Graduate Student Excellence in Teaching Award!
- January 2013: Dr. Mariusz Kozik, Department Chair and Professor of Inorganic Chemistry at Canisius College, will carry out a sabbatical in our group!
- January 2013: Congratulations to David Lonie, who successfully defended his PhD thesis!
- November 2012: Our paper "Lithium Subhydrides Under Pressure and their Superatom-Like Building Blocks" is featured on the cover of ChemPlusChem!
- November 2012: Zack Falls and Tyson Terpstra join the group.
- August 2012: Congratulations to Scott Simpson, who has been chosen as one of the recipients of the Mattern-Tyler Teaching Award!
- May 2012: Congratulations to David Lonie, who has started his new position at Kitware as part of the company's OpenChemistry initiative.
- January 2012: URGE to compute students Jiechen Chen, Rainie Sachdev and Amanda Wach join the group.
- January 2012: Congratulations to David Lonie, who has been chosen as one of this Speyer Graduate Fellowship recipients. The Speyer Fellowship is awarded by UB and given to outstanding students in their third year of study.
- November 2011: Andrew Shamp joins the group.
- October 2011: Our research proposal "The Role of the Support in MAO (Methylaluminoxane)
Activated Olefin Polymerization" has received funding from the ACS Petroleum Research Fund!
- September 2011: Our paper "(Barely) Solid Li(NH3)4: The Electronics of an Expanded Metal" which was just published in the Journal of the American Chemical Society is highlighted in JACS Select.
- September 2011: Undergraduate Jiechen Chen joins the group.
- August 2011: Congratulations to Zack Falls for winning one of the REU poster prizes! Zack will attend the Spring 2012 ACS meeting, and present a poster on his research.
- July 2011: Bahadir Altintas joins the group.
- June 2011: We welcome Zack Falls and James Pander, our REU students!
- April 2011: Congratulations to David Lonie, who has been chosen as one of this years Google Summer of Code participants! David's project will result in new open source software which can be used to visualize molecular systems and their electronic structure. To read more about David Lonie's project click here.
- January 2011: James Hooper joins the group.
- November 2010: Scott Simpson joins the group.
- Sept 2010: Our evolutionary algorithm for predicting crystal structures,
XtalOpt is now available!
- January 2010: Our cluster "parity" comes on line!
- November 2009: David Lonie and Kyle Whitson join the group.
- September 2009: Pio Baettig joins the group.