I am doing social network research at SUNY at Buffalo. You can read more about me and my most recent projects below.
Ready? Let's get started!
A little more about me...
- I was born in Balchik, Bulgaria, and raised in Sofia, Bulgaria
- I'm currently living in Buffalo, NY, and pursuing a Ph.D. in Supply Chains and Operations Management at SUNY at Buffalo
- I received a B.A. in Economics, Philosophy, and German from Canisius College
- I'm a member of INSNA and APICS
- I'm interested in social network analysis, supply chain sustainability, philosophy of social science, creative writing,
media research, and electronic publishing.
- I've written for Public Republic, Absinthe Minded, and The Griffin, and designed book covers for Public Republic Publishing.
- I've been published in The Quadrangle, Kultura (BG), Bulgaria Sega (BG), Philosophia,
Literaturen vestnik (BG), LaokoonTango, and the Institute of Modern Politics,
and interviewed for Portals, Knigolubie (BG), and Pero ot pelikan.
- Simpson, N., Z. Tacheva, and T. Kao (2016). Social Network Analysis in the Context of Humanitarian Logistics. Handbook of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management (In press).
- Tacheva, Z. (2016). Scholarship as a Vocation: Reflections on the Past and Future of Social Science. School of Management Review, pp. 5-19.
- "Market Reaction to Sustainability Alliances: An event Study of Joint Corporate Sustainability Initiatives" (Z. Tacheva and C. X. Wang)
- "An Ontology of Social Network Analysis in Supply Chain Research" (Z. Tacheva and N. Simpson)
Some of my favorite books:
| Between Past and Future || Hannah Arendt |
| Their Eyes Were Watching God || Zora Neale Hurston |
| Wuthering Heights || Emily Brontė |
| On the Road || Jack Kerouac |
| Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair || Pablo Neruda |
| On Entering the Sea || Nizar Qabbani |
| Doomed Souls || Dimitar Dimov |
Some of my favorite researchers:
*One of them taught at UB!
| Stanley Milgram || small-world experiment, obedience to authority |
| Alfred Kinsey || sexology, sexual behavior |
| Iris Marion Young || politics of difference, five faces of oppression |
| Edward Said || Orientalism |
| Alvin Gouldner || Patterns of Industrial Bureaucracy |