I grew up in China and received my MS in Civil Engineering. After working
as a Civil Engineer for a few years, I had moved around the world several times with my family.
Now I live in Albany area, NY with my husband and two children. No
matter where we are, the public library is the most wonderful place for us. We love books and
library. With my kids becoming more independent, I decided to enter the field of Library and
Inforamtion Science, get educated and help more children.
I like hiking, jogging, and aerobic exercises. I am always on the road of learning
something new with my children that I never touched before, such as swimming, skiing, and
piano. Life is Beautiful, Dream and Explore the Possibilities!
- Enjoy to work with and help Children develop
their cultural competency and intellectual ability
- Comfortable in communicating and cooperating
with parents to meet need of their children
- Hardworking and willing to take challenges
- Bilingual in Chinese and English
- Experience in engineering, excellent interpersonal skills
- MS Graduate Student, Library and Information Science
Starting from Jan. 2017, University of Buffalo, Buffalo, US
- MS, Civil Engineering
June 1996, Wuhan
University of Technology, Wuhan, China.
- BS, Civil Engineering
June 1993, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China.
Oct.2015 -- Present
All Language Translations, Schenectady, NY
- Part time English-Chinese Interpreter, translating language between Doctor and
Chinese patient, teacher and Chinses parent.
Jan.2017 -- Present
Captain Youth and Family Service, Clifton park, NY
- Volunteer, helping elementary school children’s homework
Feb.2015 -- June 2015
The Language Learning Institute, Latham, NY
- Part time Chinese Teacher, teaching Beginner Chinese for adults
Sep.2007 -- Dec.2007
National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Research Engineer, Environmental Engineering, Study of PFOS and PFOA
in water environment of Singapore, using LC-MS-MS method
July 1996 -- Jan.2000
Central and Southern China Municipal Engineering Design & Research Institute, Wuhan, China
Civil Engineer, Research and design in water & wastewater treatment
- Study on deep treatment process for Shenzhen reservoir water, in disposal of high concentration of NH3-N,
CODMn and a large number of Algae.
- Design of Nanyang Wastewater Treatment Plant, Henan. In charge of the feasibility study, preliminary design and
construction design. A/O was adopted in the design of the plant.
- Feasibility study of Xiangzhou Wastewater Treatment Plant, Zhuhai.
- 2000 Technology Prize of Chinese Construction Department, principal participant
- 1994 Outstanding Graduate Award of Wuhan University of Technology
- 1993 Outstanding Undergraduate Award of Wuhan University of Technology