I am a Computer Science Graduate Student at the University at Buffalo (UB) with a passion for Software Engineering, Computer Vision, Web Development and Information Technology.
I have two years of experience as a System Engineer with Infosys Limited in Software Development on B2C e-Commerce platform, Java, Unix and Web Services - SOAP & REST. Currently working as a Student Assistant at Computing and Information Technology (CIT) at UB. My work involves Network Operation (NOC) and Network Applications Development. I spent my summer 2017 as an intern in Information Services at National Grid's Gas Business Enablement (GBE) team.
I am actively seeking full time opportunity in Software Engineering and related fields. Looking forward to work on Challenging projects involving the latest technologies.
Buffalo, NY, USA
Master's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Buffalo, New York • August 2016 - February 2018
I am specializing in Software Engineering, Data Intensive Computing and AI (focused on Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision & Image Processing).
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Kerala, India • August 2010 - May 2014
Passed with First Class with Honors.
Information Technology Student Assistant
Buffalo, New York •January 2017 - Present
• I work as a part of Network and Classroom Services (NCS) - consisting of Network Applications (NetApp) & Network Operation Center (NOC) - which facilitates the Development, Enhancement and Maintenance of network systems at the University at Buffalo.
• Responsibilities includes Development and Maintenance of Network Applications, Network Services, Data Center Operations, Classroom Technology and Monitoring of networks & services.
Information Services Analyst Intern
Waltham, Massachusetts •May 2017 – August 2017
Agile Scrum Methodology, SQL, R, Python, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, JIRA, Microsoft Visual Studio, Salesforce.
• Worked as an intern to the Gas Business Enablement (GBE) team. GBE focused on improving and innovating the existing Gas Business Infrastructure at National Grid. Agile Scrum Methodology was used for the projects.
• Performed data loading and validation to staging db using Microsoft Visual Studio. Maintained data quality and data integrity of the legacy databases using R and Python.
• Tested and verified multiple use-cases and POC for PowerBI like Map API- Google Map & Bing Map, Salesforce Integration, Azure Integration, SQL database connectivity, Maximo integration.
• Presentation, forecasting and reporting with Tableau and PowerBI.
• Acted as JIRA administrator and configured Kanban Boards to help the IS team better monitor and handle task efficiently.
Trivandrum, India • January 2015 – June 2016
Role: Java/J2EE Developer
• Collaborated as Software Developer in Online Business Units - Ordering services and Order Management System (OMS) - of a leading retail client.
• Development, Enhancement and Maintenance of several Web Services which facilitates customers for placing orders online through the B2C e-Commerce website, built on IBM WebSphere Commerce (IBM WCS).
• Implemented Automation Testing for web services using Mockito, Junit and TestNG to ensure stability.
• Designed and Implemented techniques to mask PCI and PII in service logs which enhanced security.
• Developed tools to monitor health of back-end services using DynaTrace and Graphite.
• Modified code to correct errors & improve performance which led to enhanced profits for business.
• Performed Support Activities, Code Deployments and Maintenance of services.
System Engineer Trainee
Mysuru, India • August 2014 – January 2015
JavaEE, SQL, HTML, IBM WebSphere Commerce (IBM WCS)
• Trained intensively in Java programming, Database and Software engineering concepts in the world renowned Infosys Training Centre - Narayana Murthy Centre of Excellence - in Mysuru, India.
• Gained proficiency in e-commerce software platform IBM WebSphere Commerce (WCS).
• Developed efficient e-commerce models using IBM WCS.
JavaEE, Web-services, Maven, Tomcat, UML, DB2, MySQL, Git, Tortoise SVN, JIVE, OpenCV, Windows/Linux, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, JIRA, Salesforce
This project focus on the communicating the results of Data Analytics. The topic of the project is the Criminal Activity analysis in the City of Philadelphia. We have created a Story line and a Prediction model based on this story line. We were able to derive interesting trends and analysis from this project. The project and analysis is done on Tableau and published on Tableau Public. The two dashboards can be viewed in the below links in public Tableau.Branding, Webdesign
This project focus on the communicating the results of Data Analytics. The topic of the project is the Criminal Activity analysis in the City of Philadelphia. We have created a Story line and a Prediction model based on this story line. We were able to derive interesting trends and analysis from this project. The project and analysis is done on Tableau and published on Tableau Public. The two dashboards can be viewed in the below links in public Tableau.Branding, Web Development
Link to my project codes in GitHub.Branding
Oopps! I am still working on this page!Photography
Oopps! I am still working on this page!Branding, Webdesign
Oopps! I am still working on this page!Photography
Oopps! I am still working on this page!Branding, Illustration
Oopps! I am still working on this page!Webdesign, Photography
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.Steve Jobs
There is no greater power in heaven or on earth than the commitment to a dream.A. P. J. Abdul Kalam