Modify Your Home Page to Use Divs
For this Assignment you will first read the appropriate chapters in the textbook and then copy your index.html file to a new file called index_old.html.
Then you will modify your index.html. Your new home page should utilize the following HTML tags and include the following:
- Appropriate html, head, and title tags to give your page a title that contains your name.
- A body tag.
- A div that spans the top of the page containing header-type information such as:
- an h1 tag that contains your name
- an img tag with appropriate src and alt elements and CSS styles that define the width and height values. It doesn't matter at this time what the graphic is as long as it is legal and moral.
- a p tag that encloses a brief paragraph about yourself.
- A set of div tags that replace the current ol and li tags that list the links to the assignments for this course. Each div should contain a brief description of the assignment and a link (a tag) to the appropriate web page for that assignment.
- A final div that spans the bottom of the page that contains footer-type information such as your name, what editor your used, when the page was last modified, etc.
The layout of your page is up to you. It could be two, three or four columns. Take this opportunity to show off your knowledge of CSS styles for your div, such as border, color, background, width, margins, padding, etc. Examples:
Sample div layouts
When you have this Assignment ready for me to view and grade you should post a note in the Modified Home Page Discussion Folder with the URL of your web page so I can click on that link and open your Assignment in a new browser window (target="_blank").