The Translational Neuropharmacology Group has focused on pharmacological mechanisms underlying HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders and mental health issues, as well as the optimization and development of pharmacological interventions potentially used to treat these conditions.
Bing Su, MD, PhD, HCLD
Adjunct Professor, Center of Integrated Global Biomedical Sciences
Member, Translational Neuropharmacology Group
Director, Quater Diagnostic Laboratory
Dr. Su is currently a Board Certified High-Complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD) and an expert in clinical toxicology. Previously, Dr. Su was an Adjunct Professor of Cancer Genetics at the Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and a Research Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Environmental Health at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. Dr. Su has authored more than 30 publications including scientific journal articles and book chapters. His research interest includes substance use disorders, molecular diagnostics, next generation sequencing, and genetic/epigenetic biomarkers.
PhD, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
MD, Henan Medical University, Henan, China
1. Su W, Li S, Chen X, Yin L, Ma P, Ma Y, Su B. GABARAPL1 suppresses metastasis by counteracting PI3K/Akt pathway in prostate cancer. Oncotarget. 2017; 8(3):4449-4459.
2. Zhang T, Lv C, Li L, Chen S, Liu S, Wang C, Su B. Circulating miR-126 is a potential biomarker to predict the onset of type 2 diabetes mellitus in susceptible individuals. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;463(1-2):60-3.
3. Xie CW, Zhou Y, Liu SL, Fang ZY, Su B, Zhang W. Gabarapl1 mediates androgen-regulated autophagy in prostate cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015; 36(11):8727-33.
4. Ren X, Wu X, Sui G, Gong Z, Yawson E, Wu B, Lai G, Ruan X, Gao H, Zhou F, Su B, Olson JR, Tang X. Chronic trimethyltin chloride exposure and the development of kidney stones in rats. J Appl Toxicol. 2014 Sep 16. doi: 10.1002/jat.3054.
5. Ko HK, Guo LW, Su B, Gao L, Gelman IH. Suppression of Chemotaxis by SSeCKS via Scaffolding of Phosphoinositol Phosphates and the Recruitment of the Cdc42 GEF, Frabin, to the Leading Edge. PLoS One. 2014 Oct 30;9(10):e111534.
6. Su B, Gao L, Baranowski C, Gillard B, Wang J, Ransom R, Ko HK, Gelman IH. A genome-wide RNAi screen identifies FOXO4 as a metastasis-suppressor through counteracting PI3K/AKT signal pathway in prostate cancer. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 1;9(7):e101411.
7. Zhang T, Lv C, Li L, Chen S, Liu S, Wang C, Su B. Plasma miR-126 is a potential biomarker for early prediction of type 2 diabetes mellitus in susceptible individuals. Biomed Res Int. 2013; 2013:761617.
8. Su B, Gillard B, Gao L, Eng KH, Gelman IH. Src controls castration recurrence of CWR22 prostate cancer xenografts. Cancer Med. 2013; 2(6):784-92.
9. Tang LH, Zhang W, Su B, Yu B. Long Non-coding RNA HOTAIR is associated with motility, invasion and metastatic potential of metastatic melanoma. Biomed Res Int. 2013; 2013:251098.
10. Wu JH, Liao X, Yu B, Su B. Dasatinib inhibits primary melanoma cell proliferation through morphology dependent disruption of Src ERK signaling. ONCOLOGY LETTERS 2013; 5: 527-532.
11. Su B, Gao L, Meng F, Guo LW, Rothschild J, Gelman IH. Adhesion-mediated cytoskeletal remodeling is controlled by the direct scaffolding of Src from FAK complexes to lipid rafts by SSeCKS/AKAP12. Oncogene. 2013; 32(16):2016-26.
12. Tang H, Wu Z, Zhang J, Su B. Salivary lncRNA as a potential marker for oral squamous cell carcinoma diagnosis. Mol Med Report. 2013; 7(3):761-6.
13. Ma Y, Yu WD, Su B, Seshadri M, Luo W, Trump D, Johnson C. Regulation of motility, invasion, and metastatic potential of squamous cell carcinoma by 1α,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol. Cancer. 2013; 119(3):563-74.
14. Guo LW, Gao L, Rothschild J, Su B, Gelman IH. Control of protein kinase C activity, phorbol ester-induced cytoskeletal remodeling, and cell survival signals by the scaffolding protein SSeCKS/GRAVIN/AKAP12. J Biol Chem. 2011; 286(44):38356-66.
15. Su B, Bu Y, Engelberg D, and Gelman IH. SSECKS/GRAVIN/AKAP12 inhibits cancer cell invasiveness and chemotaxis by suppressing a PKC-RAF/MEK/ERK pathway. J. Biol. Chem.; 285(7):4578-86. 2010
16. Su B, Zheng Q, Vaughan M, Bu Y, and Gelman IH. SSeCKS metastasis-suppressing activity correlates with angiogenesis inhibition. Cancer Res 2006; 66(11):5599-607.
Disclaimer: The contents and link identifiers of this web page are not monitored, reviewed, nor endorsed by the State University of New York at Buffalo. All opinions expressed are my own.