Graduate Research Fellow, National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare, MedStar Institute for Innovation, MedStar Health; Washington, DC. 2014 - present.
Research Assistant, National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare, MedStar Institute for Innovation, MedStar Health; Washington, DC. 2013 - 2014.
§ Sub-investigator on four government funded projects
§ Serve as project coordinator for AHRQ grant
§ Co-led an observational study in the emergency department
§ Conduct literature reviews on a broad range of topics
§ Complete in-hospital observations and perform data analyses
§ Collaborate in designing research protocols
§ Submit amendments and protocols to Institutional Review Board
§ Assist with medical device and health IT usability evaluations
Undergraduate Researcher, Group Performance Environments Research Lab; West Lafayette, IN. (Advisor: Barrett S. Caldwell, PhD). 2010 - 2012.
· Independently developed a research project on medication information exchange between pharmacists and congestive heart failure patients
o Designed questionnaires
o Completed documentation and obtained Institutional Review Board approval
o Analyzed resultant questionnaire data
· Performed statistical analysis in support of PhD research (Ashley Benedict, PhD)
· Organized the lab’s previously uncategorized research literature into a multidisciplinary library
· Utilized project management software (Omniplan) to support laboratory knowledge sharing systems
Logistics Manager (Senior Capstone Design), Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center, MOVE! Project; Indianapolis, IN. Fall 2012.
· Calculated cost savings the MOVE! weight loss program provides the hospital
· Performed analysis to demonstrate that BMI reduction has a statistically significant effect on health measures for diabetes patients (e.g.: HbA1C, blood pressure and cholesterol)
· Utilized Visual Basic algorithms to de-identify patient data and append them with non-identifiable I.D. numbers