Click on the map for the link or scroll down for links to papers.
Please use the following links to obtain pdfs of papers. Email me for more details.
- Stephens, M., and Poorthuis, A. 2014 “Follow Thy Neighbor: Connecting the Social and Spatial Networks on Twitter” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems.
- Hecht, B., and Stephens, M., 2014 “A Tale of Cities: Urban Biases in Volutneered Geographic Information”. Proceedings of ICWSM 2014. Menlo Park, CA: AAAI Press
- Stephens, M. 2013 “Gender and the GeoWeb: Divisions in the Production of User-Generated Cartographic Information” GeoJournal.
- Wilson, M and Stephens, M. 2013 “GIS and Social Media” in Mediated Geographies/Geography of Media. Springer. International Handbooks in Human Geography Series. Susan Mains, Julie Cupples and Christopher Lunkinbeal Eds.
- Crampton, J., Graham, M., Poorthius, A., Shelton, T., Stephens, M., Wilson, M. Zook, M. 2013 “Beyond the Geotag? Deconstructing “Big Data” and Leveraging the Potential of the Geoweb” Cartography and Geographic Information Science.
- Graham, M., Stephens, M. and Hale S.A., 2013 “A Geography of Twitter” Environment and Planning A.
- Graham, M., Hale S.A., and Stephens, M. 2012 “Digital Divide: The Geography of Internet Access.” Environment and Planning A. 44:5, p. 1009-1010.
- Graham, M., Stephens, M., Hale, S.A., and K. Kono. 2012 “Geographies of the World’s Knowledge.” Oxford Internet Institute. (http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/geographies-worlds-knowledge/id508820339).
From 2012-2014 I taught at Humboldt State University in California. Since 2014, I have taught at the University at Buffalo. Below is a summary of the classes I've taught. COMING SOON!
Email: mgstephe @ buffalo.edu
Phone: (716) 645-0499
Office: 123 Wilkeson Quadrangle Department of Geography University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY 14216