“Bizbrary” Scavenger Hunt
Teacher’s Assistant: Kathleen Stack
Purpose: This assignment will introduce students to the Bizbrary portion of the UB Libraries System. It is imperative that students become acquainted with Bizbrary and the Library system as a whole. Many of your future project grades will depend heavily upon the quality of your research. Bizbrary contains a vast array of databases, digital newspapers, electronic journals and interesting Business/Buffalo related resources.
Instructions: This assignment contains 6 questions and will be worth 2 course points (Remember there is only 150 points in the whole course) To begin this assignment, right click on this link: Library Business Webpage and select “open link in new tab” to continue. (Ublearns may ask you to log-in; log-in and proceed to the home page) If you are having trouble with the link, go to Google and type in “ub bizbrary” and click the second link.
1. Click on Find Library Materials tab on the top left corner. Click on the database tab. Then click on F and click Factiva. On the top left click on news pages. Please name 4 out of the 8 news sources.
2. Go back to the UB Libraries homepage. Click on the database tab again. Click on “H” and then the Hoover’s link. In the search engine, type in Delaware North Companies. Click on the first link. Read the overview. Move your cursor to “about this company,” click company overview. Which famous stadium does Delaware North own? (hint: it’s in Boston)
3. Go back to the Bizbrary homepage. Click on the database tab again. Click on the Hoover’s link. In the search engine, type in Xerox. Click on the first link. Move your cursor over the competition arrow. Click competitors list. Name the competitors labeled as Xerox’s “Top Competitors”.
4. Go back to the Bizbrary homepage. Click on the database tab again. Click IBIS World. Scroll down and click 61131A - COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES. On the left hand side of the page under download report, click PDF. Scroll to page 3, in the Product and Services segmentation graphic what percentage does undergraduate encompass?
5. Click on Find Library Materials, Articles+. Type in Lake Erie and click on the first link. What is Lake Erie’s mean or average depth?