Guatemala and the Mayas
- Guatemala Web.
All sorts of information and links.
- Semana Santa Guatemala a photo index with many cultural, civic, and nature shots. From a school trip site: The Guatemala Expedition (2003). Site covers, history, society and culture, geography, economy, and many more topics.
- Guatemala Photo Album (Joe Englander, photographer). Vibrant colors, clothing, traditional ceremonies are shown here. Beautiful photos.
- Virtual Field Trip to Guatemala (CARE). Lots of photos showing Mayas in traditional settings, children, scenary, and towns.
Travelvantage.com site. Geography, Natural and Social histories, Travel,
- Maya Calendar sites.
of the Maya (Mysterious Places). Virtual tours of Chichén Itzá, the Yucatán, and other resources.
- Mysteries of the Maya (Canadian Museum of Civilization). Exhibit of Maya artifacts, culture, and other resources.
Glyphs and Maya Images
- Mayan Glyphs. Included on list are a variety of images (see also the Software page for downloadable glyphs). Also has a Maya Syllabary to use for pronunciation of glyphs into English language sounds.
- Mayan Gods List. On a page of glyphs. Short description and image of each deity.
- Maya Hieroglyphic Writing (FAMSI). Introduction to the writing system, with examples and resources on Maya writing.
- Maya Writing (Ancient Scripts.com).
History Sourcebooks Project (created by Fordham University) provides
a series of primary sources in a number of fields of history. It is
intended to serve the needs of teachers and students in college survey
courses in modern European history and American history, as well as
in modern Western Civilization and World Cultures. I have prepared an outline
page that will speed up the process of selecting the right page
for your needs.
Mysteries, and Other Fields
Time and Calendars in Mesoamerica
Maya Calendars and Dates
Other Central/North American Cultures
Geography and Travel
Maps and Cartography
1:50,000 scale map series. Index map from Omni Resources. Can be used to order maps of specific areas.
of the Americas. (Perry-Castañeda Library
Map Collection, UT at Austin). A variety of maps. Subcategories include various countries, including (among others):
Spanish-English Dictionaries and Translation