Thank you for taking the time to view our web site and learn more about our research.
Our program has active research efforts in the following areas:
- Chemical sensors and sensor arrays for selective small molecule and protein determination.
- Advanced anti-fouling/fouling release coatings for fresh water and marine applications.
- Dynamics within membrane-based separation platforms under aggressive conditions for H2 purification applications.
- Biodegradable platforms for delivering active protein drugs to accelerate wound closure and minimize aberrant repair.
In each area we aim to establish a detailed molecular-level view to guide new device and material developments.
What we do ?
Shared, Multi-User Facilities
The Bright Group has access to major scientific facilities within UB
Dedicated Research Laboratories
The Bright Group has dedicated research space within the UB Natural Sciences Complex
- SLM model 48000 multi-harmonic Fourier instrument
- Hybrid SLM model 4850 fluorimeter
- Femtosecond Ti:sapphire laser system
- IBH model 5000-W-SAFE
- HP 8452A diode array spectrophotometer
- Chromex model 250