Up to Bowl Pool Home Page
2016-2017 Free College Bowl Pool Home Page
- Congrats to Erik Erikson for his winning finish. Collected points in the last 11 bowls (after his UNC let him down against Stanford). Now, about that other Erikson; and that that Erickson...
- Had some Internet connectivity issues. Someday I'll have to move all this excitement off the UB server. Congrats to Jeff Witmer for the early lead but I'm sure he knows that a 90 point lead over last place can be overturned with a bad pick late in the bowl season.
- I don't ever recall being the only one to correctly pick a game. Go me!
- 15 entrants. Go us!
- Driving to Kalamazoo for college basketball game. Won't be able to update entries, results, standings until late tonight.
- Congrats to David M for his winning predictions. He was 6 for 7 on the big games.
Scoring (New in 2014)
Game scores and winners determine your point total, high score wins.
- 10 points for picking the correct winner.
- For each team, everyone (if anyone) with the correct score shares 5 points.
- For each team, everyone (if anyone) within 3 points of the correct score shares another 5 points.
- Multiply by the scoring factor, which is related to average payout per team in the bowl game.
Score factor = 3
E.g. actual team A 25 team B 14
player 1 team A 28 team B 14
player 2 team A 26 team B 34
player 3 team A 35 team B 30
player 4 team A 24 team B 10
Players 1, 3, and 4 get 10 points for selecting correct winner
Nobody gets any of 5 points for predicting the correct score for team A
Players 1, 2, and 4 share 5 points (5/3 points each) for predicting within 3 points of team A's score
Player 1 gets 5 points (shared with nobody else) for predicting the correct score for team B
Player 1 gets 5 points (shared with nobody else) for predicting within 3 points of team B's score
Multiply everything by the scoring factor, 3.
Standings for this game
player 1 (10 + 5/3 + 5 + 5) * 3 = 65
player 2 ( 5/3 ) * 3 = 5
player 3 (10 ) * 3 = 30
player 4 (10 + 5/3 ) * 3 = 35
For those of you scoring at home:
A file with predictions for all games.
To the Bowl Pool Home Page.