· Ultrasonics Research Scientist, Mistras Group Inc., Products & Systems Division, Feb 2015-present
· Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. Civil, Struct. & Environ. Eng., University at Buffalo, Sept. 2014-Jan. 2015
· Adjunct Instructor, Dept. Civil, Struct. & Environ. Eng., University at Buffalo, Aug. 2014-Dec. 2014
· Research Assistant, Smart Structures Research Laboratory, University at Buffalo, Jan. 2011-Sept. 2014
· Teaching Assistant, Dept. Civil, Structural, and Environmental Eng., University at Buffalo, summer 2013
· Project Manager & Design Reviewer, Sedaghat Machine Co., Tehran, Iran, July 2009-July 2010
· Junior Design Engineer, Arbita Consulting Engineers, Tehran, Iran, April 2008- July 2010
· SHM/NDE toward smart structures and materials
· Infrastructure: Power plants, airplanes, pipelines, bridges, railroads
· Materials: composites, concrete, metals
· Data processing: digital signal/image processing, stochastic analysis, pattern recognition and data mining
· Prognosis, repair and rehabilitation of transportation infrastructure
Copyright © 2015 by Alireza Farhidzadeh. All rights reserved.
Received Ph.D. degree in Structural Engineering with emphasis on Nondestructive Testing (NDT), Structural Health Monitoring (SHM), and structural vibration control for civil, petrochemical, and aeronautical structures. Worked for more than 5 years on NDT of metals and composites used in airplanes, pipelines, reinforced/prestressed concrete, and steel bridges, using ultrasound, acoustic emission, and infrared thermography. Published multiple highly cited ISI journal papers and numerous conference articles. Serves as a peer reviewer for internationally-circulated journals. Provides detailed and comprehensive NDT/SHM consultant to manufacturers, facility operators, inspection contractors, and asset owners.